New parking rates in Dubai; find out what you pay now
New parking zones, 30-minute parking rate and seasonal card changes in effect
The new parking charges levied by the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) in Dubai has come into effect from Saturday, May 28.
In the restructured system, the paid parking zones in the city have been divided into two categories.
Category one or commercial zones, which amount for around 23 per cent of the paid parking slots, will have an entirely new parking tariff system, with a provision for a payment of Dh2 for 30 minutes of roadside parking.
According to the RTA, parking fees will remain the same for a large part of Dubai, which falls under category two or non-commercial zones, and covers 77 per cent of the total paid parking spaces in the city.
How are these new parking changes different from the previous ones?
– The previous free parking hours from 1pm-4pm have been removed
– Paid parking is in effect from 8am onwards every day except Fridays and official holidays
– Zone categories have increased to A, B, C, D, E, F, G and multi-storey
– Hourly rates have increased in select zones
– A new 30-minute parking rate has been introduced in Zone A
– The cost of seasonal parking cards have also changed
What are the new parking zone categories?
There are now seven parking zone categories across Dubai, with new parking timings and hourly fees:
Zone A: Roadside parking for category one or commercial zones introduces a new 30-minute parking fee at Dh2, with a maximum parking time of four hours at Dh16
Zone B: Parking lots for category one or commercial zones starts at Dh3 for one hour and have a maximum parking time of 24 hours at Dh20
Zone C: Roadside parking for category two or non-commercial zones starts at Dh2 for one hour of parking, with a maximum parking time of four hours at Dh11
Zone D: Parking lots for category two or non-commercial zones starts at Dh2 for one hour and caps at Dh10 for 24 hours.
Zone E: Parking for Deira Fish Market only. One hour is priced at Dh4, with a maximum parking time of four hours at Dh16
Zone F: Parking in Tecom investments area only. One hour is priced at Dh2, with a maximum of four hours of parking at Dh11.
Zone G: Parking on Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Boulevard only. It starts at Dh4 for one hour and caps at Dh16 for a maximum time of four hours.
The parking fee has also been increased in RTA’s multi-storey car parks, from Dh3 to Dh5 per hour.
What are the new seasonal parking cards?
– There are four types of seasonal parking cards, each valid for a period of three months, six months and one year. The type of cards and corresponding cost listed below:
Are these seasonal parking cards valid in all parking zones, including E, F and G?
– No. According to the RTA, the gold, silver, bronze and student seasonal parking permits come with general exclusions.
These permits do not allow you to park in the following areas: Dubai Internet City, Dubai Media City, Knowledge Village, Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Boulevard, Deira Fish market and the Gold Souq.
Do the new parking charges affect all roads?
– No. Category one, which includes the central and commercial business districts will see changes. This includes most of Deira and Bur Dubai, as well as its adjoining localities.
In Deira, it includes
- Al Maktoum Road
- Omar Bin Al Khatab Road
- Al Rigga Road
- Al Muraqabat Road
- Salahuddin Road
- Al Rasheed Road
- Al Khaleej Road
- Abu Baker Al Siddique Road
- Al Ittihad Road
- Abu Hail Road
- Al Corniche Road.
In Bur Dubai it includes,
- Al Mina Road
- Al Mankhool Road
- Kuwait Street
- Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Road
- Sheikh Rashid Road
- 308 Road
- Oud Metha Road
- Khalid bin Al Waleed Road
- Al Seef Street
- Umm Al Hurair Road.
Further afield from Dubai World Trade Centre, areas affected included
- Sheikh Zayed Road
- 2nd December Street
- Financial Centre Road
- Al Saada Road
- Al Naseem Road
- Zabeel Road
- 2nd Zabeel Road
- Al Jazeera Road
- Al Sufouf Road
- Al Mamsha Street
- 1/108 street.