UAE Credit Bureau
Al Etihad Credit Bureau is a Federal Government Company established under a UAE Federal Law No. (6) issued in 2010, and was set as a public company (for Article of Association reference click here) mandated to implement and operate a new credit reporting system across the UAE. Al Etihad Credit Bureau will add value to the UAE’s financial sector by enabling lending institutions to make informed decisions, whilst helping individuals and corporations to understand their current financial obligations,debt level and creditworthiness.
Al Etihad Credit Bureau is actively working with financial institutions to collect credit data on individuals and companies, with plans in place to collaborate with utilities, government, and other organizations in the future. Facilitating the monitoring of UAE lending practices in real-time, Al Etihad Credit Bureau will also stabilise and enhance transparency across the country’s economic sector, improving the profile of the UAE’s consumer credit market and the country’s global competitiveness.
A Credit Report is a historical credit data from various financial institutions, utilities, government, etc., on individuals and companies in the UAE.
The Report will include:
Record of current and previous credit facilities.
Payment history over the last 24 months.
Records of any defaults and bounced cheques
To obtain a Credit Report, customers should visit the Customer Service Center at Al Etihad Credit Bureau (location map) and apply for a Credit Report.
Documents required to obtain a Credit Report (individuals):
1. The Original Emirates ID card of the applicant.
2. Passport copy of the Applicant.
In the case of company Authorization, one must bring the following:
1. A copy of valid Emirates ID card & passport of the customer (owner of the Credit Report).
2. The original Emirates ID card of the authorized person.
3. Original notarized Power of Attorney acceptable to the Al Etihad Credit Bureau or an Authorization letter that includes authentication of the customer’s signature from a bank.
4. Credit Report Application From (available here) duly filled in.
Documents required to obtain a Credit Report (Corporate):
1. Original Emirates ID card of the Establishment’s owner or he Company’s authorized signatory.
2. Company/ Establishment Trade License.
3. The articles of Association of the Company.
In case of company Authorization, one must bring:
1. Copy of valid Emirates ID card of the Establishment’s owner or the Company’s authorized signatory.
2. Original Emirates ID card of the authorized person.
3.Trade License of the Company/Establishment.
4. The Articles of Association of the Company.
5. Original notarized Power of Attorney acceptable to the Al Etihad Credit Bureau or the Authorization letter to include authentication of the Establishment’s owner or the Company’s authorized signatory from a bank.
6. Commercial report application from (available here) duly filled.