Having your things packed up and shipped off to another country for the first time is fascinating and terrifying all at the same time.
The packers are surprisingly efficient and fast (usually) and it is amazing how your whole life is suddenly boxed up and whisked away, leaving you with a shell of a home and a handful of items.
Shipping Requirements and Documentation
A part of the process and before the packing dates are set, you will have to complete a bunch of paperwork.
Here is an example of the documents your relocation company are likely to requestbefore your goods/consignment can be shipped to Abu Dhabi.
- Copy of UAE residence permit stamped into your passport
- Copy of your passport
- Completed authorisation letters for sea and air.
- Insurance forms
- List of everything you intend to send – with prices of replacement (for insurance).
- Authorisation Letter for Sea Shipment (customs)
- Authorisation Letter for Air Freight (customs)
These forms will be provided by the relocation company and your contact should be very helpful with regards to any concerns you have in filling them in.
It is really important to read and understand the Customs Regulations for Abu Dhabi and adhere to the lists of banned and restricted items.