UAE makes major changes in Visa Rules
- The mandatory bank guarantee for labor recruitment is replaced with a low-cost insurance system, UAE cabinet announces.
- People overstaying their visa has the chance to exit the country voluntarily with a ‘No-Entry’ stamp on their passport.
- New 6 month visa to be introduced for job seekers overstaying their visa but willing to work in the country.
- Individuals can now renew their visa without exiting the country for a fee, UAE Cabinet grants decision.
- A number of strategic decisions were introduced in regards to foreign workers working in the private sector.
- The decisions were taken by the UAE cabinet this Wednesday.
- The cabinet meeting was chaired by His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai.
- The meeting focused on reducing the burdens of the employers and securing the workers’ rights in the private sector.
- The Cabinet Meeting aimed to simplify the process to renew the visa and ease the financial burdens in doing so.