Two year old Emirati girl survives cooker explosion
A cooker exploded in the Emirates of Sharjah and a two-year-old was the victim of the explosion. The two-year-old Emirati girl got 45 percent of her body covered in burns after the pressure cooker exploded. She has sustained second-degree burns.
Shaikha Saeed Al Mughni, from Dibba Al Hosn was with her aunt inside the kitchen when the unfortunate incident had happened. The incident had happened about two weeks ago. According to the media reports, the accident had left her with burns about 45 percent of her body.
She was admitted to the hospital immediately and a plastic surgeon at Mafraq Hospital in Abu Dhabi, Dr. Muqdad Al Hammadi, said that, “The treatment involved giving fluids for the first 24 hours, as well as cleaning and disinfecting the burned areas of Shaikha’s body.”
The doctors expect her condition to be stabilized after two weeks. Once her body is completely stabilized, she will undergo physiotherapy for the next three to six months.
Parents are advised to always take good safety measures and caution when their children are in certain parts of the home that are deemed dangerous, such as the garage, the kitchen, and the bathroom. Always have a watch over the child, especially if the child is almost 16 years and below. By having everything well organized and neatly arranged, there will be much more comfort and much more safety in the home for the children and the adults as well.