Tourists get a free UAE Transit Visa – Good for the Economy
- A new policy in UAE, promises free limited visas to transit passengers which allows visitors to spend almost a week in Dubai.
- The local economy will benefit from high tourist spending if transit flyers are given free visas, according to travel experts, since new attractions are also opening.
- Flyers passing through UAE with onward journeys can get a transit visa valid for 48 hours or two days, free of charge.
- The transit visa can be extended up to 96 hours (four days), but a fee of Dh50 will be charged.
- Express counters at the passport-control hall across UAE airports including Dubai and Abu Dhabi, will be on hand to issue the visa.
- The UAE cabinet approved this decision to exempt transit flyers from all entry fees, last week.
- Transit visas will apply for all nationalities and can be obtained upon arrival.
- Only the ones with a confirmed onward journey or ticket and hotel reservations are eligible for the short-term transit visa.
- Current transit visa policy does not allow all transit passengers to stay in the UAE even for a limited period.