The Revelation of the Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous Pakistan Politicians
- The asset details of the all the candidates along with their affidavits are made public in order to help voters hold their leaders accountable in the 2018 elections.
- The candidates, Bilawal Bhutto Zardari claims to be a billionaire, and Maryam Nawaz claims to have 845 million rupees to her name.
- Transparency and Accountability is the key for the Election Commission of Pakistan, leading to the asset disclosure of the candidates on the ECP websites soon.
- Bilawal’s father is also the former Pakistan president Zardari, who claims to own 758.66 million rupees whereas Maryam’s father is the three-time Prime Minister Nawaz Shariff.
- Bilawal is the chairman of Pakistan People’s Party (PPP), has assets in and outside Pakistan, worth 1.5 billion rupees and his bank accounts in Dubai and UK holds 13.86 million rupees.
- Zardari disclosed of owning 6 bulletproof luxury vehicles, thousands of acres of agricultural land and a property in Dubai.
- Zardari claims to have a passion for arms and ammunition worth 16.60 million rupees, horses and cattle worth 9.9 million rupees.
- Maryam is running for NA-125, NA-127 and the PP-173 constituencies of Lahore, is also a shareholder of many mills.
- Maryam claims to have spent around 6.4 million rupees on foreign trips in past 3 years.