Symbolic Record on F1 track set by Saudi woman – Aseel Al Hamad
- Saudi Arabia’s Aseel Al Hamad drives on Le Castellet Grand Prix circuit in France.
- Aseel Al Hamad is a Female entrepreneur, who sets a symbolic record by driving a Renault Sport Formula One Team E20 car.
- Aseel made the event more symbolic by driving on the same day women were allowed to drive on the roads of Saudi Arabia.
- The car Al Hamad drove was the very same car which former F1 world champion Kimi Raikkonen drove to victory in the 2012 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
- Al Hamad got her first experience of Formula 1 power at a Renault training day on 5 June at Le Castellet.
- Al Hamad represents her country on the FIA Women in Motorsport Commission, chaired by former World Rally Championship driver and winner Michèle Mouton.
- She is tasked to put in place strategies and policies to promote the education and training of women in motorsport in Saudi Arabia.
- She is said to collaborate on joint projects and participate in international forums as well as conferences devoted to the place of women in sport.
- “I have loved racing and motorsport from a very young age and to drive a Formula 1 car goes even beyond my dreams and what I thought was possible.” – Aseel