PMP Certification – Project Management Professional Course in Abu Dhabi
What is PMP?
PMP Certification (Project Management Professional) is a globally recognized professional designation offered by the Project Management Institute (PMI). There are over 833,025 active PMP certified individuals and 286 chartered chapters across 210 countries in 2018.
PMP Certification Eligibility Criteria
PMP eligibility is based on academic education, project management experience, and project management professional training as provided in below table.
|Eligibility Requirement||Four-Year Degree||Secondary Degree*|
|Years of Project Management Experience||3 Years (36 Months)||5 Years (60 Months)|
|Hours Leading & Directing Projects||4,500 Hours||7,500 Hours|
|Hours of Project Management Education||35 Hours||35 Hours|
* A secondary degree is defined as a high school diploma, associate’s degree, or global equivalent.
Once the above criteria is met, the applicant can submit the application online via PMI’s online portal. After approval, the applicant can take the PMP exam at nearest Prometrics testing center. The computer based exam allows to receive the score immediately. Upon passing, the PMP credential is valid for 3 years.
PMP Certification Fees
|Cost Category||PMI® Member||Non-Member|
|PMI® Membership Fee||$139||N/A|
|PMP Exam Fee||$405||$555|
|PMP Re-Take Fee||$275||$375|
Step by Step procedure to obtain PMP Certification
Step 1: Buy and Read the Project Management Professional (PMP)® Credentials Handbook.
Step 2: Make sure that you are eligible to become a PMI certified project manager.
Step 3: Become a PMI Member & Member of your local PMI Chapter.
Step 4: Sign up online for the PMP Exam.
Step 5: Study the PMBOK® Guide.
Step 6: Get a PMP Self-Study Course and Read PMP Preparation Book or attend a training program.
Step 7: Take an In-Person PMP Workshop.
Step 8: Take the Sample PMP Exam as many times as possible.
Step 9: Study Hard and have a Plan.
Step 10: Take the Exam.
PMP Training tips
- Enroll in a preparatory course for PMP certification. There are several institutes in Abu Dhabi and Dubai that provide PMP training that would also give the applicant the required hours.
- Create and follow a study calendar. It is ideal to create this calendar three months before taking the exam and cover all the topics mentioned in the PMBOK
- Take Practise tests. It is advisable to take practise tests every week during the last 8 weeks of your preparation for the exam
- Take ample rest before the exam. Stop studying in the evening before the exam date and take a good night’s sleep.