Neymar should clean up his Act
- Brazil’s Neymar is one of the favourites at the FIFA World Cup but due to his fake theatrical skill against Costa Rica, he’s constantly being trolled on social media.
- His theatrics on the pitch is attracting more attention than his footballing skills.
- The Brazilian has always been notorious for his dives in the rival penalty box.
- Fortunately, with the help of VAR (Video Assisted Referee) the penalty was reversed.
- He could use his sublime skills to make a statement: like the match-winning performance to turn Barcelona’s 4-0 first-leg deficit into a 6-5 victory in the Champions League round of 16 tie against Paris Saint Germain in 2017.
- Instead of finding ways to work around it, the 26-year-old plays the victim at the lightest of touches.
- The slow-motion fall on his back even had the Dutch referee Bjorn Kuipers referee fooled.
- Neymar was lucky to escape a booking. He did earn a yellow card soon with a show of sheer petulance, throwing the ball to the ground to protest a decision against Brazil.
- Neymar needs to clean up his act and has to focus on his game. Else, he will be remembered more for his histrionics on the pitch rather than his football wizardry which is a shame.