Mexican Government Confirms Eight Tourists Killed in Egypt
The Mexican government confirmed Tuesday that eight Mexican tourists were killed when their convoy was attacked over the weekend by Egyptian security forces during a trip to an oasis southwest of Cairo.
The six tourists who as of late Monday had been unaccounted for have been identified, bringing the number of Mexicans confirmed killed in the attack to eight, the Foreign Ministry said in a statement.
Four Egyptian drivers or guides were also killed in the aerial attack on the convoy. Six other Mexicans were injured and in stable condition at the Dar El Fouad Hospital in Cairo. An official with knowledge of the situation said an American woman was among the group of tourists and injured, but hospitalized in stable condition. Details