Gujarat Card – A Distinguished Identity for NRGs
NRGF issues the Gujarat Card – a distinctive identity connecting every NRG with their motherland.
There are special value privileges extended to NRGs having a Gujarat Card. To make your visit to Gujarat a memorable experience, Gujarat Card holders, can avail exceptional discounts at several venues including prestigious hotels, garments stores, jewelry shops, major hospitals and more.
Organizations that presently extend benefits to Gujarat Card holders are categorized below. For an updated list of businesses extending these attractive discounts, click each category listed below for names, cities and their contact information.
Possession of a Gujarat Card also certifies the card holder to be a genuine NRG and is provided priority support and assistance at all NRG Centres established by NRGF, and local Gujarat Government offices such as Collectorate or the Police. Assistance may be sought for tourism guidance, accommodation, medical services, business opportunities, foreign exchange guidance, etc.
NRGF issues “GUJARAT CARD” to Non-Resident Gujarati diaspora who live outside of Gujarat or India. The “Gujarat Card” is issued for a fee of US $5.00 or it’s equivalent in Indian currency. All non-resident people of Gujarati origin, and their immediate family members are eligible to apply for a Gujarat Card.
Sample Gujarat Card
Apply for a Gujarat Card
Click here to download the application form to apply for a Gujarat Card.
The application form for the Gujarat Card are available and may be submitted to any of the following offices:
NRG Foundation Office at Gandhinager, Gujarat.
All District Collector offices in Guajrat State.
All 6 NRG Centers in Gujarat State.
Benefits of Gujarat Card
Tour, Travels & Visa Providers
Food, Hotel & Hospitality Sector
Books & Periodicals
Hospitals & Healthcare Sector
Banking, Financial and Insurance Sector
Handloom and Handicrafts Sector
Real Estate Sector
Documents required to be submitted along with the Gujarat Card application.
1. A recent passport size photograph
2. Certified copy of passport
3. The fee for Gujarat Card which can be paid by Cash or Demand Draft in favour of “NRGF” payable at “Gandhinagar” is Rs.225/- (Rupees Two hundred twenty five only) in case of Person applying from the Country. In case of abroad, the citizen is required to deposit $5.00 US dollars or its equivalent amount with the local Gujarati Samaj and endorsement to this effect be obtained on the application form with signature and seal of the Samaj. The application form may then be forwarded to this office.
4. For applicants from outside Gujarat, but from within India, any one of the following attested documents are required against proof of residence:
-Voters ID Card
5. Overseas NRGs need to submit an attested copy of their Passport along with a recent passport photograph.