GM’s new CFO: Dhivya Suryadevara
- US automaker GM appoints new India CFO.
- Dhivya Suryadevara, 39, succeeds Chuck Stevens, former CFO.
- Dhivya Suryadevara worked in GM, a Detroit based company for the last 13 years.
- Previously served as vice president, corporate finance, in July 2017.
- Chuck Stevens will remain in the company as advisor until final retirement in March 2019.
- Chuck Stevens worked in GM for 40 years before becoming CFO in January 2014.
- Dhivya Suryadevara palyed a major role in securing a $2.25 billion investment in GM Cruise by SoftBank Group Corp, a Japanese tech giant.
- She helped the GM achieve ratings upgrades from all the three credit rating agencies, a huge accomplishment
- She also renewed GM’s $14.5 billion revolving credit facility and had it upsized.