Dubai Metro to get more trains, major upgrades
- Dubai metro to get 50 new trains from French ALSTOM Company as part of Route 2020 Project.
- Out of 50 trains, 15 will serve Expo 2020 and the other 35 trains will upgrade the level of service of Dubai Metro.
- RTA has introduced some additions and modifications to the interior design of the metro carriages.
- Improvements cover the shape and the number of handles, the use of modern digital display systems distributing seats at the two sides of the train.
- The Dubai Metro is a rapid transit rail network in Dubai. The Red Line and Green Line are operational, with three further lines planned.
- The first section of the Red Line, covering 10 stations, was ceremonially inaugurated at 9:09:09 pm on 9 September 2009, by Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Ruler of Dubai
- The Roads and Transport Authority (RTA), is the major independent government transportation authority, which manages buses, metro and taxi in Dubai
- Route 2020 extends approximately 15 km from Nakheel Harbour and Tower Station on the Red Line.
- The ridership of Route is expected to hit 125 thousand riders per day by 2020 and is expected to shoot up to 275 thousand riders per day by 2030.