Desert Safari in Dubai
Desert Safari is one of the must-do things for anyone visiting Dubai. Desert Safaris are always conducted in the middle of the desert, in Desert Camps. The desert camps provide for various activities and has food, resting places and toilets. Typically, the Desert Safari starts with the Dune Bashing followed by other activities at the desert camp.
Day time desert safaris can be taken during morning hours or evening hours. During summer months, it is advisable to take evening desert safaris. During winter, morning desert safaris and evening desert safaris are equally pleasant. However, evening desert safari visitors can also experience the star view at night, which is stunning from the middle of the desert.
Facilities available at Desert Safari venues:
- Arabic style resting sofas
- Emergency Medical Supplies
Desert Safari Prices:
- Normal Desert Safari – Dh 120 per person
- Hummer Desert Safari – Dh 200 per person
- Private Desert Safari – Dh 900 (for up to 4 people)
- Avoid taking big bags. Take only the necessary items.
- Take bottled water and some snacks for the trip from the collection point to the desert camp. It could take somewhere between 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Avoid loose dresses. It will get in the way in activities such as Camel Rides and Sand Skiing.
- Take a good camera. Sand dunes provide for majestic photography options.
- Make sure to take most of the photos while there is good sunlight.