Careers UAE 2016
Careers UAE is organised by the Dubai World Trade Centre, in conjunction with TANMIA, Higher Colleges of Technology and UAE University. The show enables talented UAE nationals in all fields to come face-to-face with recruiters and hiring managers from leading employers. According to TANMIA, the National HR Development and Employment Authority, there are over 15,000 Emirati fresh graduates entering the workforce every year, and with more than 160 employers and recruiters at the event, Careers UAE is designed to expose job seekers to a wide range of training and career opportunities.
Now in its 16th year, Careers UAE will provide UAE nationals with the opportunity to discover training, education and employment opportunities in over 20 industry sectors, while networking with industry professionals and potential employers. Interviews to fill vacancies and internships will also take place at the event. In previous years, 33,000 jobs were applied for via the event’s CV hub and 41% of visitors who participated in the event received job offers as a result of their participation.
Visitors will also be able to attend a host of inspiring and informative free seminars designed to give them the skills to enter the employment market or to progress to the next stage in their career with a range of mid-management and senior level positions.
Careers UAE is proud to be part of Vision 2021 and for Emiratis looking to take the next step towards an independent, empowered future, Careers UAE 2016 is the only place to be.
Why go to Careers UAE?
- Get a chance to have your questions answered directly by the experts
- Get all the information in one place at one time
- Get a chance to compare what’s on offer
- Learn how to plan for your future
- Explore the opportunities for further education and training
- Get to know the latest employment trends and what the country needs in the coming decade
Who visits Careers UAE?
- Careers UAE exhibition is for everyone – students, fresh graduates, adults looking for a new career path or further studies & training opportunities, and employees looking for better opportunities
- The main benefit is to come and take an active interest in your future plans
What to do before you go?
- Find out the basics – the exhibition dates, timings and location
- Find out who will be there – a list of exhibitors will be available closer to the event date
- Think about what you want out of the exhibition – Information, Advice, and Ideas
- Decide who you want to speak to and find out where there stand is
- Make a list of questions you want to askPrepare and update your CV
- Make a list of features and activities you wish to attend at Careers UAE
What to do at the exhibition?
- Have a look at the exhibition floor plan
- Mark on it the stands you want to visit
- Register your attendance with your National ID Go through your questions and ask for information/advice
- Consult your list – take the time to find out everything you need to know
- Take notes of anything important and copies of any relevant information
- Look around – maybe there are other opportunities you’ve not yet considered
- Take paper and a pen to note down information or contacts
- Remember that the exhibition is not only a place to submit CV’s or find a job immediately but also an opportunity to educate yourself
- Ask for summer job opportunities or work placements/internships
- Remember: Maybe you will need more than one visit to get all your questions answered
What to do after the exhibition?
- Follow up on any contacts or organisations you need to get in touch with for more information or to send your application to
- Use what you’ve learnt to make decisions and plan ahead
- Visit your university’s career centre for advice on the next steps
16 – 18 May 2016
Education, Training and Careers
Za’abeel Hall 1, Za’abeel Hall 2, Za’abeel Hall 3
Dubai World Trade Centre