Beggar with Dh 100,000 in fake leg caught in Dubai
- Dubai police arrested a beggar on Eid who had Dh 100,000 hid in his prosthetic leg.
- The beggar was an Asian in his sixties who was found begging in Al Quoz area after the Dhuhur (midday) prayer.
- The beggar was found to have entered Dubai with a visit visa just a month back.
- The Dubai police had conducted this arrest through an Anti-begging Campaign which was launched on the first day of Eid Al Fitr.
- Dubai Police said that 243 beggars were arrested since the campaign was launched a month back.
- The 243 beggars included 136 men and 107 women.
- At first, the police found just Dh 25, further inspection lead to Dh 45,000 in cash and bank notes of various currencies.
- The total of Dh 100,000 ($27,225) was reported by Sky News Arabia.
- Residents can report begging or any suspicion to police by contacting the hotline number 901.