American International School of Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi
Educating students for over 20 years, the American International School in Abu Dhabi (AISA) is regarded as one of the Emirate’s leading schools. Known for excellence in teaching and a rich extracurricular program, AISA serves students from more than 80 countries. An Esol Education school, AISA is a part of a network of exceptional internationals schools around the world in locations such as Dubai, Cairo, Nicosia and Lebanon.
It was the first school to offer the International Baccalaureate Diploma in the UAE and later became the first school in Abu Dhabi to be authorized to offer the IB Primary Years Program (PYP). In keeping with local regulations, the Secondary School is gender segregated.
Curriculum: American standards and International Curriculum.
Affiliation: Council of International Schools(CIS)
Classes: Jr.KG to Grade XII
School Website: www.aisa.sch.ae
Director: Gareth jones.
Address:29th Street,Airport Road ,opposite Pepsi-Cola Plant – Abu Dhabi
Phone:02 444 4333.
Admissions Process in American International School of Abu Dhabi
1. Apply online:
First you need to apply online. The below table is for your child Age Guidelines reference.
|Grade||Date of Birth|
|KG1||Jan – Dec 2012|
|KG2||Jan – Dec 2011|
|Grade 1||Jan – Dec 2010|
|Grade 2||Jan – Dec 2009|
|Grade 3||Jan – Dec 2008|
|Grade 4||Jan – Dec 2007|
|Grade 5||Jan – Dec 2006|
|Grade 6-12||Based on previous school reports, recommendation forms, and the decision of the MS and HS Admissions Committee|
Applications will then be pre-screened by AISA counsellors. Candidates of accepted applications will be called in for testing (Grades 1-12) or for a playdate (KG1 – KG2).
2. Required documents to be submitted:
For the initial application, the following documents are required:
- A completed AISA application form
- A copy of the student’s current year report and the previous two years’ final reports OR Nursery Reports
- AISA recommendation form
- Standardized test scores (if available)
- Specialist reports supporting the Learning Resources & Health Information section on the application
- A copy of the student’s valid passport
- A copy of the student’s birth certificate translated into English or Arabic
Please provide the complete application packet with the required documents. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
3. Email will be sent
Once the student has been accepted, an e-mail will be sent out to the e-mail addresses provided on the applications. Please provide e-mail addresses that are always accessible to you.
A one-time, non-refundable advanced tuition fee of 2000 AED will be due in one week from the date of offer to secure a place for the student. After one week, AISA reserves the right to offer this seat to another student.
The following documents are then required to complete the students’ file:
- Completed AISA health form with copies of immunization records
- 3 labeled recent passport-size photos
- Copy of the mother and father’s passports and UAE residency visas
- Copy of the student’s UAE residency visa
- Copy of the student’s Emirates ID (both sides)
- Transport Application Form if bus service is required
Payment of the enrollment fee cannot be made unless these documents are delivered to the admissions office.
For students living abroad, the official UAE documents can be presented upon completion after arrival to Abu Dhabi
4. Documents Required at start of school year:
During the first week of the new school year, the following documents are required:
- Original final year school report
- School transfer certificate/letter:
- If transferring from within the Emirate of Abu Dhabi- please pick up a letter from the Registrar’s office with the AISA ESIS number in order for your child’s previous school to transfer him/her to AISA
- If transferring from within the UAE (outside of Abu Dhabi)- you will need to provide a transfer certificate by the student’s last school attended
- If transferring from outside the UAE, you will need to provide an attested transfer letter signed and stamped by the student’s last school attended
*For birth certificates, attestation is required from the Ministry of Health, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the UAE Embassy of the country of origin
**For transfer letters, attestation is required from the Ministry of Education, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the UAE Embassy of the country of origin.
Exemption of attestation requirements applies only to schools in North America, West Europe, Australia and New Zealand.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL REQUIRED FORMS ARE FOUND UNDER AISA FORMS.
Review Of American International School Of Abu Dhabi:
Parents and students of the school, please use the below comment form to add your reviews. The reviews will be published here with your name.