Al Maryah Island
Al Maryah Island covers approximately 114 hectares and is currently being developed by Mubadala to be a new city center. It is one of the largest construction sites in Abu Dhabi. The island is being developed in several phases which will include construction of offices, residential buildings, hospitals like the Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi and leisure infrastructure.
Construction was started in 2007 and the final phase of the development is planned to be finished in 2014. The center of the island will be the newly constructed Sowwah Square which will accommodate the new stock exchange of Abu Dhabi as well as several other business towers.
The following buildings are planned to be built on Al Maryah Island:
- Sowwah Square Tower 1, 37 floors
- Sowwah Square Tower 2, 37 floors
- NBAD Tower, 35 floors
- Rosewood Hotel, 34 floors
- Sowwah Square Tower 3, 31 floors
- Sowwah Square Tower 4, 31 floors
- Al Hilal Bank Tower, 24 floors
- Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange (Stock Exchange), 4 floors
- Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi
- Viceroy Abu Dhabi
Al Maryah Island also has residential properties, mostly high rises which come at an expensive price due to its proximity to the Galleria mall and is also next to Abu Dhabi mall.