Detainee’s Dh 6,000 stolen from the Safety Box by Policeman
- A detainee had kept Dh 6,000 in the safety box at police station which was stolen by a policeman.
- Primary interrogations revealed that a 20-year-old policeman had taken the money from the safety box.
- The detainee was an Indian businessman, who was apprehended over a cheque case in April.
- Suspects pleads guilty in court to taking money he paid to repair his car at a garage.
- The suspect appealed the presiding judge Urfan Omar to have mercy on him.
- Records said that, a few days after being detained, the businessman was informed that the court had fined him Dh 1,800.
- Prosecutors accused the suspect of abusing his authority and stealing the businessman’s Dh 6,000.
- He told prosecutors that he copied the second key and got the money from the box without the businessman’s knowledge.
- The businessman was quoted telling police interrogators that he would waive his criminal complaint against the suspect if he returned his money, for which a ruling will be heard on July 16.